http://www.torontomeetings.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Presentation-1.jpeg 1500 2250 toronto@Room14 http://www.torontomeetings.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/TorontoMeetingsWhiteLogo-1030x343.png toronto@Room142018-05-11 13:00:032018-05-03 15:23:36How To Make An Effective Presentation In The Meeting Room
Whatever your philosophy is on making presentations in the Meeting Room there are some basic tenets that prevail. Here are Five critical points to observe when preparing a presentation.
- Research – Conduct the necessary research so that your presentation ideas are well adapted to your audience’s technical level and needs. Connect your presentation objective/message/idea to the interests of your audience. If possible, when preparing your presentation, gather info on the needs, age, educational background, language, and culture of the target audience. Even on the day of the presentation the audience’s body language will give cues that may require the you to adapt your presentation style.
- Compact – A good presentation should be focused and in iterative. There should be a preview, an ‘in-view’ (the actual presentation) and a review so that ‘the BIG idea’ of the presentation is communicated effectively.
- Engage – Use eye contact with your audience, face them squarely and smile. Your facial expression and posture will affect your tone of voice and the tone of the presentation. Avoid letting your voice trail off as you transition from slide to slide or segment to segment of your presentation.
- Rehearse – Practice the presentation to make sure it flows and to ensure you have allocated time for introductions, questions and answers. This is a good time to make sure that all tools and equipments are working well.
- Have Fun – Doable? Yes. Present in a way that communicates your passion for the topic. Energy and enthusiasm is contagious!! See?