Come watch this month’s instalment of Rostie Talks. In this episode, Roberto Sanabria of Cryptoducation discusses Bitcoin, Blockchains & all things Cryptocurrencies. http://ow.ly/Om7630hEEBE
Visit https://cryptoducation.com/collections/executive to sign up for upcoming hands-on workshops in Bitcoin, Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
As we enter into a new business landscape of non-traditional office environments, the entrepreneurial spirit has extended into the world of temporary and remote offices. The concept of coworking has become a global phenomenon. With the increase in digital capabilities, many jobs no longer require people to be in an office to perform their daily duties. This has given people the freedom to establish themselves in rented desks and virtual offices. By providing a strong work-life balance that continues to be a key selling point for any employee, an open-door coworking space can give the 21st century worker the option to dictate their own hours and work on multiple projects.
The truth is, more and more people, especially young people, are choosing to change careers with regularity. Whether it’s for a new challenge, the opportunity to collaborate on a fresh startup idea or simply for economical advancement, the old adage of sticking with a career and then switching every 5 years to ‘learn your trade’ has come to be somewhat passe. People develop skills relevant to rapid technology shifts and they bring these abilities with them to evolving trends in a developing
professional community. Coworking spaces allow people to be visible to talent recruiters and also allow them to stay abreast of industry trends and even the possibility to mingle with competition.
The trend of coworking will continue to grow as many people opt out of traditional workspace options. Many large corporations have begun to establish their operations within coworking and
incubator spaces. This workspace revolution continuously grows at an exponential pace for many reasons but the most important is that it allows companies to surround their workers with innovative thinkers at a reduced cost compared to the rising cost of traditional business real estate.
Visit rostiegroup.com to learn more about our coworking packages and start your shared workspace experience with Toronto’s most comprehensive and executive provider.
As we approach the New Year, it is important to reflect on personal maintenance – how we take care of ourselves, mind, body and spirit. Sometimes we get so caught up in the daily grind that we don’t take the time to focus on what’s most important; our own well-being. Life is hectic. There is a lot that can be said about our modern lifestyles and the stress that can develop in most of them. We have all experienced situations where we’ve felt overcome by everything we need to accomplish and not enough hours in a day to achieve them. We’ve all pushed ourselves too far at some point, be it for the sake of a job, a project or assignment, or even our families. Whatever lifestyle you lead, we all know it and we’ve all felt it.
The problems come when life gets too hectic for us to maintain a balance of the different areas in our lives, perhaps when we start foregoing things we do for ourselves because you need to do something for others instead. This becomes an issue when we start putting our own well being aside for longer periods of time. When we do this, and our own mental or physical health starts deteriorating, we are not being our best selves. The care we give or the work we do, suffers for it. What this essentially means is, when you are not taking proper care of yourself, you are not taking proper care of your responsibilities either.
Recognise that sometimes we must forego some things to achieve a greater goal, but this should only be acceptable for a set amount of time. Often what happens is we get to that goal, but then another task pops up, and we stretch ourselves a little thinner for a little longer. Suddenly we’re not just missing out on that visit to the gym or rain-checking a time to catch up with friends, we stop having time for dinner with the family and sleep has been reduced to 4 hours a night. When was the last time you did something enjoyable, just for the sake of your own happiness and sanity? When was the last time you put something aside to give yourself a moment of clarity?
Some people are better at handling this stress than others. It is a growing trend that some companies are better at promoting self-care than others; encouraging working from home and taking mental health days to recharge our minds. We could all use a reminder every once in a while. Your most important asset is YOU, and taking care of your most valuable asset is imperative. This coming year, take some time to reflect on your health, your priorities and set yourself up for a healthy and productive 2018.
by Therese Mikalsen
“Sweetly bright, balanced, classic. Ripe tangerine, apricot, honeysuckle-like flowers, hazelnut, fresh-cut cedar in aroma and cup. Delicate, lively acidity; lightly plush mouthfeel. Flavor consolidates in a gently tart, richly balanced finish.”
– CoffeeReview.com (March 2015)
The Las Hermosas farmer relationship project started in 2004 when we discovered an exceptional Colombian coffee from a farming co-operative in the South Tolima region. In an effort to give back to this community, we donate funds each year to support projects that improve the local standard of living.
To date, we have supported numerous projects:construction of parabolic drying beds for 200 small family farms to improve quality;
– a cupping lab in Ibague with the equipment required for coffee quality analysis;
– a complete overhaul of sanitation and water purification systems for seven schools in the region;
– set-up of multiple computer labs within schools in the region for business and educational use.
Better social and economic conditions also create an environment where premium quality production is possible. As evidence of this, farmers from the Las Hermosas co-operative placed 1st, 3rd and 7th in Colombia’s Cup of Excellence competition.
Thanks to our customers, we have been able to donate tens of thousands of dollars back to this small farming co-operative that supplies us with the best Colombian coffee in the world.
Be sure to check back in each issue of The Scoop to learn more about our selected
coffee of the month, offered at all Rostie Group meeting spaces.
We at The Rostie Group take customer service very seriously. A successful business meeting for you means we have done all we can to provide your company with everything you need to best present yourself in the most professional way. We firmly believe in collaboration with our tenants and clients and we continue to improve our facilities and work with our customers to solidify ourselves as Toronto’s Premier Business Centre
Still not convinced? Visit torontomeetings.com today and book a tour of our facilities and see for yourself what separates us from other business centres.
Coworking spaces have become a revolution. A hub for people of all trains of thought and inventive backgrounds to come together to create and develop innovative ideas. Why is the coworking space such a growing concept?
1. Community. Coworking brings about a sense of community for those who use rented spaces to help them build their ideas. Not having to be ‘ON’ in a workplace setting allows for people to not worry about the politics and bureaucracies that come with traditional offices. The openness that comes from seeing familiar faces who don’t represent competition but rather collaboration. Sharing a workspace brings together thinkers of all industries who can provide people with ideas that they might not have access to elsewhere.
2. Suitability. Coworking allows for people to dictate their own schedules. Instead of the traditional 9-5, shared work spaces offer the opportunity for people to choose the hours they wish to work. For the individual who finds themselves captivated with the creative juices in the evening, or at the break of dawn, can now use this availability to their advantage by working whenever, for however long they wish. With most shared work spaces offering 24/7 access, it’s easy to venture into your work space at your own discretion and do your best work at a time that works best for you.
3. Convenience. Nothing speaks to the growing popularity of coworking spaces like the ease and convenience of obtaining a temporary desk. The ability to bring your work and ideas to a location that can easily be relocated or customized based on the individuals needs. Many
work space providers will allow for tenants to select and customize their spaces to best suit the type of business in question. If there are more people being added to your growing company, larger areas can be supplied to accommodate any type of operation.
4. Perks. Many coworking spaces offer other business amenities to create the feeling that the space does represent the traditional office that bring about everyday business solutions. These amenities can include reception services to give the business administrative features, along with immediate, added credibility to prospective clients. Board rooms for presentations and client meetings are common for coworking spaces and are typically offered with exclusive first-access to tenants. Lounges and social areas have now become a popular trend within coworking spaces to amplify the integration of companies even more.
Visit torontomeetings.com today and explore the many coworking packages and opportunities that can help build your business in Toronto’s thriving Financial South Core.
Join the Revolution at Toronto’s Premier Business Centre!!